Block 2 of the Mapela ARD Limpopo learning and campaign planning programme got under way in Mokopane at the Park Hotel on Tuesday 23 August. Around 50 activists from Mapela and organizations from elsewhere in the province linked up together to:
- Review key developments in the province over the last three months
- Report on progress to build the alliance for rural democracy from below
- Identify priority issues for organisation and identify focus areas for local and provincial campaigns
- Provide background on the Parliamentary High-Level Panel and the schedule for submissions
- Provide practical skills on the use of social media in support of local campaigns
- Provide background on small grants and services available through the ARD
Each speaker took up the broom which symbolises the Alliance made up of different organizations acting together to sweep away the forces keeping rural people down.